By definition being infertile means you have been trying for 6 months to 1 year and still not getting pregnant. Before going to the doctor you can learn how to increase fertility naturally by following these strategies:
- Try having sex 2 days before you ovulate and another one on the day you ovulate. A study shows that this increases your chance to conceive by 60%.
- Watch your weight by eating the right kind of food and start exercising. A healthy body means your body can function properly including your reproductive system.
- Stop drinking alcohol. Reduced sperm count is sometimes the effect of alcohol drinking.
- Smoking increases male infertility. It lowers the sperm count and sperm motility is affected.
Infertility Symptoms For Women
- Having irregular periods. This is a change in the days between period every month.
- The absence of period. Either you have never had a period or it suddenly stops.
- Experiencing painful periods. The pains usually are in the back and pelvic area.
For hormone problems, the symptoms are:
- Change in sex desire.
- Changes in hair. Either it is thinning or loss of it.
- Skin abnormalities like getting more acne.
- Hair growth in the chest, lips and chin.
- Pain while having sex.
- White discharge from the nipple.
Infertility Symptoms For Men
- Swelling or pain in the testicles.
- Firm and small testicles.
- Changes in your sex drive.
- Issues with ejaculation and erection.
- Hair growth changes.
The span of time of trying should be based on your age. If you are below 35 years old you may try getting a baby for one year. If it you fail you will need to see the doctor.
If you are 35 and above, the timeframe of trying is six months. After that, you need to see the doctor for medical advice.
For men, sperm analysis will be done. For women, the doctor will take your urine and blood sample for testing.